Decor+Design Forums General Discussion Home staging tips - I need some great ideas!
Emma Joyce
2018-06-28 10:19 am
Home staging tips - I need some great ideas!

Hi Guys, I decided to sell my house and I want to make it more attractive for the potential buyers. I was reading about different tricks and tips that can help you with making the house really stand out. Do you have any experience with home staging? Since I'm from Australia, I found a company that does the home staging in Sydney and I want to prepare before I call them and ask for help.

Tisha Scott
2018-06-30 9:31 pm

Hi Emma, my brother and his wife sold their house a year ago. I have noticed that the first thing they did to prepare their house for selling is by removing their personal stuff in all areas of their house. These items include their photos, trophies, certificates, souvenirs, and other personalized belongings. Instead, they replaced their personal items with wall decors like framed paintings, vases, and other decorative items so it will look appealing to the prospective buyer. They also did general cleaning which involves decluttering the rooms one at a time and making a layout of their furniture. The way the sets of furniture were placed in each room affects the clear view of the room. The more floor spaces are seen, the more the room looks bigger. They repainted the walls with neutral colors that suit the tastes of all prospective buyers.

Shirley Cashwells
2018-06-30 10:15 pm

I have sold my house a few years ago. 
First and foremost, I cleared out all the clutters in the room and do the cleaning. If you are unable to remove some of your stuff, make sure to place them in boxes and store them in areas not visible to guests. That's what I did. So I hid those boxes in the storage room. Proper placement of furniture is important when staging the house. I repositioned the set of sofas and appliances into cozy groups which created traffic path between pieces which my house seemed larger looking. I also replaced my old curtains with light and sheer curtains to attract more light into the room. I also add mirrors in some rooms to diffuse more natural light. Put some natural plants especially in the bathroom. My client's stated that she truly believed that the house that I was selling at that time is taking care of as seen with my alive and healthy plants placed inside my house. At first, I put flowers in my living area but flowers easily died so I shifted on buying indoor plants instead which do not require much watering and sunlight exposure. I remember, I even asked some of my friends to visit the house that I am selling. I let them portrayed as my buyer walking around the house, observing them where they usually stop and focus on, and I asked them their feedback such as what catches their attention and what irritates their eyes. 

tony
2018-07-05 10:08 am

The most important thing you can do to prepare your home for sale is to get rid of clutter. Make a house rule that for every new item that comes in, an old one has to leave. One of the major contributors to a cluttered look is having too much furniture. When professional stagers descend on a home being prepped for market, they often whisk away as much as half the owner's furnishings, and the house looks much bigger for it. You don't have to whittle that drastically, but take a hard look at what you have and ask yourself what you can live without.

Website -  https://bit.ly/2JEEJYP

sonamwsingh
2018-12-01 9:09 am

Staging your home can help you to sell it faster and for more money. There is no need to work more, just work with the furniture that you have. Another factor that impacts on the buyer is the cleanliness.